Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Book # 6 - Julius Caesar

The 6th book I read was actually a play - "Julius Caesar" by William Shakespeare. You may be surprised to learn that I never had to read that particular play in high school. (It was due to our World Literature curriculum). So it has sat on my shelf for a couple of years now, and each time I look at it I think "I really ought to read that..." and then I find something else to read.

It only took me a couple of hours to make it through the entire play and I had very few comprehension issues. It seemed much more straightforward and easy-to-understand in comparison with some of Shakespeare's other works. There really isn't much to say about it, other than the fact that I would recommend it to anyone wishing to expand their knowledge of Shakespeare. And it's great to finally know the context of several of his most famous lines.

No comments: